Sunday, September 13, 2009

Law of Attraction Techniques for the Network Marketing Jungle




brought to you by: AHMTAVEL.COM

How long have you been in the network marketing jungle?

Are you currently practicing Law of Attraction in your network marketing business?

The reason I ask is that if you are new (less than a year or so) your level of frustration, if it is anything like mine when I got in a few years ago, is probably pretty high. If you are a veteran, than you most likely have figured out a way to manage your emotions, or you wouldn’t still be in!

The one thing that helped me make it through the jungle of direct sales is - Law of Attraction.

The fact that I am so passionate about Law of Attraction stems from my experience in direct sales, where I began to really apply it daily in my life.

As an accountant of 17 years in the corporate world of logic and numbers, I rarely found people in my workplace with the time or interest in practicing Law of Attraction.

Now in my own home business, I get to practice it every day and surround myself with people that encourage and support me in developing myself with Law of Attraction methodology.

I found over time that to be successful in network marketing, I naturally applied law of attraction methods into my activities. Here is a brief explanation as to how this works:

  • You are shown something at first that sounds too good to be true
  • You are trained to first believe before you can experience true success
  • You can measure your belief by the amount of good that manifests around you
  • Your belief is based on faith and the personal success stories of others
  • You are asked to be grateful for and focus on others first and help them to be successful before you see it come back to you
  • You must regulate your emotional tone on a daily basis to the ups and downs of sales and rejection
  • You are usually asked to first write down or visualize your reasons for doing a network marketing business
  • You must stay focused on your goals and dreams, even though people and circumstances around you at first don’t match what you are trying to accomplish
  • You must develop an unwavering belief in yourself and your products and services before people will follow you
  • The more you focus on helping others and providing value to others, the more successful you are
  • You build a team that exponentially grows as you build it. You can literally see how the seeds you plant take root and grow over a period of time into the world

Here were my challenges with network marketing when I first got started:

When I first started my travel-related network marketing business, I was full of excitement, enthusiastic about my new lifestyle and earning potential. I started making some serious cash right away - $23,000 in my first 90 days, which continued in the years ahead.

It wasn’t till I was in about 6 months though, as I continued to sponsor new team members, that I noticed something strange. People didn’t seem to want to work like I did at their businesses. It was just amazing! I would have people send me a check for $11,000 and a month later decide to drop out! I was making money, but my team wasn’t duplicating.

That was difficult for me to accept. How can people invest so much of their time and money and then just walk away? I wasn’t prepared for the tremendous amount of emotional energy it would require of me to make it work in network marketing at the 6-9 month mark. I saw people drop like flies around me and took it very personally, feeling as though I was a failure because I couldn’t get anyone to duplicate.

The other challenging aspect of direct sales starting out for me was prospecting. In my business, because our profits are so high ($1,000 to $3,200 to $9,700 profits per sale), I mostly work cold mlm leads from lead generation companies because the price point makes sense.

With cold mlm leads, most of the people we talk to, even though they’ve requested information, do not have a serious interest, don’t have the money, the time, or even the skill sets to make it work. In my business, we are like oyster shuckers – shucking the oysters to get to the pearls.

Emotionally, I found it challenging to keep my own excitement and enthusiasm up while surrounded by so many people that sadly are too entrenched in their low vibrations and poor beliefs about money to take the step to financially freedom.

It was at about the 12 month mark when I came to a critical realization. I realized that there is truly a serious epidemic of fear, lack and negativity in the world. I came to understand my purpose – to be the shining light for others to follow to their own light, dreams, and desired reality.

I finally understood that even though it was challenging, I MUST deny the fear, lack and limitations of others and see beyond that for people to reach their true potential. I realized that I MUST set the example of leadership and dreams in action.

The good news is that I did make it through the jungle.

I now DO see people duplicating and I DO see people coming into my business who are as committed as I am. I used Law of Attraction at a very granular level to make the shift for myself. When I did that, I created a powerful attraction force that weeded out the tire kickers and grew my top producers.

So here are my suggested Law of Attraction techniques for those of you in the network marketing jungle.

  • Get a Map
  • Get your Gear
  • Enjoy the adventure

Get a Map

If you are considering starting or are fairly new to a network marketing business, then understand that you MUST have a map of where you are going.

Whenever we set out on a journey, we either already know where we are going and we can visualize the destination, or, we don’t, and we have a map that shows us the way.

Life is no different. Until we have the destination firmly planted in our minds, we must review our map and compare it to exactly where we are so that we know we are on the right road.

Having a map for your network marketing business helps you to determine…

  • Where you are going (your goals)
  • What roads to take (the skill sets you must develop to be successful)
  • How long the route will take (your commitment to the number of hours you will work your network marketing business)
  • The local attractions (the people you wish to attract into your business, either up or downline)

Treasure Mapping is a wonderful way to develop your network marketing map. This Law of Attraction technique is effective because it paints the picture for you and your brain to have in front of you on a daily basis as you are working your business, making your calls, and yes, when you are experiencing rejection.

Take the time to create a treasure-map for your network marketing business. You will be amazed at what happens when you feed your brain visual images that affirm your goals and dreams.

First write down 20 goals or reasons for doing your network marketing business. Then seek out images and pictures that represent the achievement and expression of those goals in your life.

Time and time again I hear people who do this exercise and see results so fast it even can be scary!

I challenge you, if you haven’t yet done a treasure-map for your network marketing business, DO THIS NOW.

Get Your Gear

If you are going to set out into the jungle of network marketing, you must ensure you have the right gear. You need…

  • An experienced tour guide (Your upline director and support tools)
  • The right clothing (Create an image of success)
  • A good compass (Internal guidance)
  • Good insect repellant (Ward off negative emotions)

The jungle is an intimidating place. Once in the jungle, it is easy to get lost. There are lots of strange noises and animals. You need a good tour guide that has been through it, knows the lay of the land, and can show you the way.

In network marketing, one of the biggest reasons why people fail is that they don’t have a good upline director or team. Many people become “orphaned” or left to fend for themselves in the jungle because of attrition.

When you are considering network marketing, be sure that you align yourself with the right director and team. It’s o.k. if you start your business with someone new, as we all have to start there… However, be sure that your upline, if new, has someone above him or her that has experience in your company for at least a year, is committed to growing their business, and is accessible to you.

Be sure too that the organization has a strong support network outside of your director – good training materials, live conference calls, live training and networking events, so that if your director were to ever leave the business, you are not stranded in the middle of the jungle. If you have a map (see the first tip in this topic) you will still be able to find your way through, but its a lot easier with the right tour guide.

In the jungle, it is important that you wear appropriate clothing for the environment. You want to have a good protective hat, long pants, lots of pockets to put your gear in, gloves, etc.

In network marketing, how you dress makes a big difference in your tour through the jungle. The dress code for network marketing means how you successful and confident you appear to yourself and other people. Once you’ve been through the jungle with an experienced tour guide, you will become the tour guide.

So, you must develop a positive self image of yourself and be able to project that out to others. You must become a person of enthusiasm, confidence, and commitment.

The key to understand in network marketing is that while we all have great products to sell, we are not really selling our products.

We are selling ourselves, we our selling our services as a tour guide, and the inspiration we create by setting the example of success. People want to follow people who are going places. People want a good tour guide that knows the territory and will take them safely through the jungle and away from pitfalls. If you don’t create an image of success, your network marketing business will never survive long term.

Once in the jungle, it is easy to lose a sense of direction when surrounded by so much plant life that seems to stretch over our heads. There may be lots of paths, but which one do we take?

When we have a compass, and we know the direction we are headed, then even if we get of course, we can use our compass to steer us back on track.

In network marketing, your compass is your internal guidance system. It represents your reasons for doing the business – your personal definition of success. With the right map and gear, we will be in a good position to move forward, however, our compass continually lets us know if the paths we choose to take are the right ones.

Why do you wish to start a network marketing business? What drives, excites and motivates you about having your own business?

For me, the main reason I wanted a home-based business was to be home with my two young boys. I also wanted to still be able to contribute to supporting the family financially, but I wanted to do that with the freedom and flexibility of having my own work schedule, without having to answer to a boss. Yes, one of my goals is to reach $20,000 per month, but my compass is set to time freedom, and a happy family. Knowing my true goals in life is what keeps me on course. Knowing whats really important to me keeps me going even when faced with adversity and challenges.

The jungle has lots of bugs. No question about that one. We’ve got to have some heavy duty insect repellant if we are going to enter the jungle.

In network marketing, bugs and insects represent the negative emotions that will without a doubt try to sting or bite you as you make your way through the jungle.

Many people come into direct sales with the impression that “You don’t have to sell” or that “My friends and family will support me 100%” or “I have such a great thing that everyone is going to sign up” or “Once I sign someone up, they are going to be excited as I am about this business because it is so great!”

The truth is, you will face much more rejection than you will face acceptance. You will have insects that will try to sting you and bite you every step of the way.

As you consider network marketing, your very own family and friends may tell you your crazy, its one of those pyramid things, you’ll never make any money… etc.

As you present your business opportunity and products to others, you will have people who will say they are interested so as not to hurt your feelings, and then go into the witness protection program.

As you bring people into your team, you will find that on average only about 20% will ever really move forward and do something with their business.

If you are not prepared to spray yourself with a good emotional repellant, you may very well end up overcome by the disease of inertia or depression.

The good news is that people that stay in the jungle for more than 3-5 years develop an immunity to the stings and bites. Usually about 95% of the veterans in this industry that survive the 5 year mark end up becoming millionaires. Over time, they come to accept the natural skepticism of others. We cannot eliminate the entire population of insects and bugs in the jungle. We wouldn’t want to - they are part of the natural balance of the jungle and have a purpose.

For us in the network marketing jungle, we must realize that rejection and attrition are part of the landscape and we must be prepared for it, and then learn to accept it and work with it.
If it is so hard then, why would anyone want to stay in the jungle?

Well, if we go back to the map, and the gear, and the compass, then we know the answer. We stay in the jungle because of the dreams we wish to fulfill. It is because of us taking the jungle tour that we grow and develop ourselves into good tour guides for others and help them make their way easier because we stayed the course and made it through.

It is because there is no other compensation model out there for people like network marketing that provides time freedom AND the opportunity for the average person to bring in a five and even six figure monthly or annual income from the comforts and privacy of their own homes. It is because the tour itself is exciting and interesting and we learn so much about ourselves and others as we venture in.

Enjoy the Adventure

If we recognize what an incredible journey we are in for when we join a network marketing business, than we will enjoy it so much more! Yes there are bumps in the road, yes there are bugs and insects, and yes it is easy to get lost without the right tour guide, gear, map and compass….

Still, the beauty and wonder of a life of freedom from bills and bosses in network marketing is unparalled. The beauty of the jungle, as much as it has its negative aspects, so surpasses the irritating and frustrating aspects of it, especially if you are prepared and have the right mind set going in.

The jungle tour is exciting! Have you ever been in a real jungle? I have not been to a true jungle, but I have been to some tropical places and some rainforests, and for me it was alluring, intriguing, and adventurous.

Remember that feeling is the power of law of attraction. If you are excited and truly feel the adventure of owning your own business and watching it grow exponentially while your income does the same, you will see your business explode.

Once you begin to see the manifestation of good that comes from owning a business in free enterprise, and experience the kind of financial success that I have in my business, and watch as other people follow in your footsteps to their own dreams and goals, you will understand what I am talking about.

I will never leave the jungle – I guess you can say I’ve become a native.

Carol Ann Martin is a home-based business entrepreneur, mother of two boys, and law of attraction practictioner based out of Clearwater, FL. She was recently featured in Home Business Connection magazine as a top earner in her company. You can learn more about Carol Ann and the Law of Attraction by visiting http://www.law-of-attraction-made-easy.info or http://cam.winningwithcoastal.com

Book Your Vacation now: AHMTRAVEL.COM

Arthur Williams, " Join TraVerus , Travel for Less and get paid the Travel Agent Commissions Yourself. Start Your Own Online Travel Business And Work From Home. "

For more articles visit the blog: http://www.ahmtravelblog.com







No comments:

Post a Comment